Bengali Yellow Pulao/Basanti Pulao
- 1 and ½ Cup Gobindabhog rice
- 3 cup Water (Double amount of rice)
- 1 tsp ginger paste15 pcs cashew nuts
- 15 pcs raisins
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt per taste
- 50 gm ghee
- 1 dry red chillies
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 5 pcs cardamoms
- 5 pcs cloves
- 3 pcs cinnamon sticks
- Clean and wash gobindabhog rice.
- Strain and leave it to air-dry.
- Soak raisins & cashew nuts
- Once it is completely dry then add 2 bay leaf, 3 tablespoon of ghee, 3 cinnamon stick, 5 cloves, 5 cardamoms, ½ tsp turmeric powder, add 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 teaspoon salt then mix all the ingredients to the rice with all the spices and ghee.
- Cover and rest for at least an hour
How to cook Basanti Pulao
Heat a heavy bottom pan with 1 teaspoon ghee and add 1 dry red chilies then add cashew nuts and raisins & fry until it gets a nice golden color.
Now add the marinated rice. Fry for 3 minutes and stir continuously otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
When the rice will turn transparent in light golden color and get a nice smell.
Then add 3 cups of boil water. The amount of water is very important here. Always add the double amount of water depending on the amount of rice. Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
Add salt as per taste and cover it & cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
By this time the rice should be cooked, adjust the sugar and salt as per your taste.
Add slit and lightly stir to avoid breaking the rice.
Now turn the flame off, cover and rest for another 5 minutes.
If want to know about India Ghana Union, you can visit Akos Hilda’s blog.