Hair Care at Home
“Love is in the hair!” they all exclaimed at once. After all, they are the only thing which keeps them busy all the day. No doubt hair is the most time taking stuff yet the most loved one. Hair is the permanent crown of every girl that she would never take off, someone once quoted “invest in your hair for life is too short to have boring hair”. We girls are so sensitive about our hair & why shouldn’t we be, after all, they are the cherries on the top of the cake, our hair add that extra vibes, helping us look more confident & presentable. Although hair is our crowning glory due to factors like stress, pollution, improper care, etc., it gets easily damaged.
Everyone faces hair problems at some point in time or the other, in the form of thinning of hair, dry scalp, hair, split ends & so on. Hair loss, dandruff, dry hair, rough hair, brittle hair, oily hair, grey hair, damaged hair, and baldness are just some of the hair problems that hound men and women alike. As a matter of fact, the change of seasons also causes several adverse effects. You cannot rely on either of them be it summers, winters or rainy seasons, you have to make sure your hair stays lustrous and healthy, no matter what. There are several measures to protect your hair & much cheaper ones in fact.
Say hello to home remedies.
Rather than wasting your bucks on too expensive cosmetic hair products try out the natural ways which are indeed very cost effective & can be found in your homes. Thus, saving your struggle in finding those extra expensive products.
Ever wondered a simple onion kept in your kitchen would help your hair grow longer & make it, even more, thicker, it also prevents the hair loss.
I would list few items which would provide savage to your hair.
The Egg solution.
Eggs are proven to be the best remedy for softer, silkier & shiny hair. They fasten the hair growth as well as reduces the split ends.
- Take an egg, you can even take more as per your hair length.
- Mix the yellow-white & the liquid properly, such as to form an even paste.
- Mix some mustard or olive oil in the paste.
- Now, apply the entire paste on your hair. Make sure it reaches your scalp properly.
- Over your head properly with a shower cap.
- Let it dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Now wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
Repeat these steps for at least once in a week. In case you have a hectic schedule try it out during night hours. You may even leave it overnight & wash it in the morning.
The Henna magic.
You can add some henna powder in the above mixture, however, if you have problems in using eggs such as some people cannot resist its odor, in such a case you can go on making a separate mixture of henna.
Take eight to nine teaspoons of henna powder mix it really well with water & any hair oil. You may add some coffee powder as per your convenience.
Put the mixture untouched for three to four hours then apply it on your scalp & leave it for at least 30 minutes.
Curd (Yogurt) effects.
For smoother hair, you may add half a cup of curd into the mixture of egg paste as well the henna paste. Also, if you do not want to mix them you may simply add some curd along with your preferable hair oil. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for a minimum of thirty minutes.
Let the paste dry & then wash your thoroughly using a mild shampoo.
Some more tips & tricks.
- Apart from these let us try out mamma’s old tips do braid your hair before going to bed in the night, as it simply reduces the hair fall & helps the hair grow properly.
- Do make it a point to oil your hair at least twice a week, now when I am mentioning to oil your hair I expect you to properly massage it through the scalp, such that it reaches your hair roots.
- Get your hair trimmed every three months this would reduce the split ends.
Get the right shampoo.
- Know your hair type & select a shampoo of the same kind. Hair type may range from oily, dry or may even be too thick.
- Never commit this mistake of pouring hot water on your hair as it gets rid of the natural oil that your hair has.
- Make sure that your hair is thoroughly wet before applying shampoo, massage your scalp in circular motion.