Joint Pain Relief with Ayurveda
Joints are regarded as that of our body where the bones meet. Joints enable the bones of our body to move. Joints are found at shoulders, hips, knees, and elbows.
Joints pain appears to be very common phenomena in today’s life, not only the aged one but even the younger generations are suffering from joint issues. It generally refers to the discomfort and aches in any of the body’s joints. Joint pain has earned is its fame as one of the most common complaints. It doesn’t generally need a hospital visit. Sometimes, joint pain is just the result of an illness or an injury. Apart from such indirect issues, Arthritis is one of the common cause of joint pain. However, joint pain can also be due to other conditions or factors such as-
- With growing age, the bones tend to get worn out leading to the reduction in the space between the bones and produces grating when the joint is moved which is also regarded as degeneration.
- Inflammation of the cushioning pads around joints or the tendons.
- Gout also called Gouty Arthritis is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint.
- Lupus, a systemic autoimmune disease that is caused by body’s immune system attacking its own tissues and organs.
- Several infectious diseases, such as mumps, influenza, and hepatitis
- Infection of the bone, which is basically the outcome of the bacterial or fungal attack.
- Whereas rickets is a skeletal disorder that is caused by the deficiency of Vitamin D, Calcium and Phosphate.
At one hand, while people are desperately consuming more and more medicines each day, it is just providing them a temporary relief but a permanent threat to health. This is one of the major reasons why more concern is laid on the use of herbal medicines to treat joint pains which don’t affect the body in any harmful way but provide the best solution possible direct from the mother Earth lap.
Ayurveda is the traditional and ancient Indian system of health science. Its name ‘Ayu’ means life and ‘Veda’ means knowledge, summing up as the knowledge of life. The Ayurvedic method of natural healthcare believes in balancing the body, mind, and spirit to treat and prevent disease. It is considered the sister science of yoga.
Ayurveda offers vivid and excellent natural medicines such as ayurvedic oil massages and herbal medications that reduce pain, swelling and inflammation of knee joints.
Among various factors responsible for joint pains the basic one add discussed above is due to arthritis. The localized pain in joints affects all the normal physiological functions. As we age these pain become more predominant and hence the problems such as joint pain are seen very commonly among older people. Ayurveda also claims unhealthy diet as a contributing phenomenon for arthritis and joint pain. The disturbed metabolism and digestion also increase pain in joints. Although there is no permanent cure for some, ayurvedic joint pain medicines provide relief from these pain and swelling without any further harm.