Bengali Prawn Masala
Prawn / Shrimp is very popular in all over the world; Prawn curry is very famous dish among the India and Bangladesh. Specially in Bengalis. This dish is very easy to make. You will love this dish.
Prawn – 12 pc
Potato – 1 small Size
Tomatoes – 1 small Size
Green chili – 2 to 3
Ginger paste – 2 tablespoons
Garlic paste – 1 Tablespoon
Onions – 2 medium sizes
Cumin Seed – ½ Teaspoon
Dry Bay Leaves – 3 Pc
Dry Chili – 2 pc
Master Oil – 4 Table spoon
Cardamom – 3 Pc
Cinnamon – 2 pc
Clove – 3 Pc
Turmeric – 1 Tablespoon
Cumin Seeds Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Kasmiri Chili Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Salt – 1 Table spoon
- First, clean the prawn then you have to marinate this with salt and turmeric for 20 Min. Then fry the prawn and potato.
- Now you prepare the spices in the meantime.
- You have to make a paste of cumin seed powder, turmeric, Kashmiri chili powder and Coriander Powder with a little bit of water.
- Heat the oil in a pan, Give a bay leaves, dry chilies, cinnamon, cardamom and Clove. Add ginger and garlic paste and fry.
- Add the finely chopped onions and fry until golden brown on medium flame.
- Add Tomato and cook in the slow flam till it’s color gets brown.
- Now you have to add spices mix and salt. Cook for a 4-5 minutes.
- Add the fried potato and green chilies.
- Now add one cup of water.
- Give the lid closed. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add garam masala.
- Your Prawn Masala is now ready to serve.
This dish goes very well with hot steamed rice or pulao.